Kannapolis Land Partners
In 2022, INSITE acquired 110 acres of development ready land located on and adjacent to the North Carolina Research Campus (NCRC), in downtown Kannapolis.
NCRC, located in the heart of downtown Kannapolis, NC was developed in 2008 by David H. Murdock, the owner of Dole Food Company and Castle and Cooke Inc.
NCRC is a 350-acre life sciences research and lab campus focused on improving human health and wellness through research into nutrition and agriculture.
A variety of North Carolina universities including UNC Chapel Hill, NC State, Duke, Appalachian State, UNC Greensboro, NC Central and NC Agriculture and Technology
along with a variety of life science companies and entrepreneurs come together at NCRC to perform research and development on safer, more nutritious crops,
healthier foods, clinical research and precision nutrition. Existing research facilities on campus include the Core Lab building - the main multi-tenant office/lab/r&d facility -
and two separate buildings that are occupied by UNC Chapel Hill and NC State - https://ncresearchcampus.net/.
Currently, Insite is selling and developing various tracts of the land for residential, retail and commercial uses.
• 25% population growth since 2010.
• Future ten-year job growth projected to be 48.4%, compared to a national average of 33.5%
• $1B investment by Ely Lilly in injectable products and devices manufacturing in Concord
(within 10 miles of NCRC) and creation of 600 new jobs
• $500M investment by Macy’s in a new fulfillment center in Rowan County will provide
2,800 new jobs
• Kannapolis is a growing suburb of the rapidly growing Charlotte MSA
• $120 million Downtown Revitalization
• Infrastructure improvements by City of Kannapolis
• Linear park and streetscape
• Atrium Health Ballpark
• Renovation of the historical Gem Theatre